Hello! Today on my blog I am sharing three Halloween cards that I made.
To see the YouTube video, click the video below or read below for a detailed description of each card.
For two of the cards, I used the Stamp Anniething Sofia – Viva la Vida stamp. I stamped the image onto Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Card Stock and colored with alcohol markers and then fussy cut the image. The card base is a back slimline card (4 x 9 inches). I cut a piece of Bristol Smooth paper slightly smaller than the card base to do the ink blending. The distress ink colors I used for the blended background are Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire, Festive Berries, Carved Pumpkin, and Scattered Straw. After ink blending the background, I used a paintbrush to flick some water onto the background and then padded the paper with a power towel to dry up the water. This added a speckled look to the background. I stamped the sentiment “Have a Very Frightful & Delightful Halloween” using Versafine Onyx Black Ink onto the blended background and then covered it with black embossing powder. I used a heat gun to emboss the background. I added the images as shown. The fence die cuts are from the Doodlebug Pumpkin Party Odds and Ends pack and were adhered using Tombow Liquid Glue.
For the next card, I used a piece of black card stock to make the A2 size card base (4.25″ x 5.5″). The paper is from the Recollections Boo Paper Pad. I cut down the newspaper pattered paper slightly smaller than the A2 size card base and distressed the edges. I also applied Black Soot distress ink to the edges. The scalloped frame is a Lawn Fawn die – Scalloped Rectangle Frames. I used this die to die cut the spiderweb paper on the inside of the frame as well as the black card stock (scallops on the outside of the frame). I adhered the scallops to the A2 card base and then added the spider web paper to the middle. I used foam adhesive to adhere the stamped image. I added two spiderweb stickers to the front of the card.
For the inside, I cut a piece of gray card stock just slightly smaller than the A2 size, distressed the edges, and added Black Soot ink to the edges. I stamped the sentiments as shown with black and purple ink. The sentiments are from Queen and Company’s Hocus Pocus Shaker Kit.
For the third card, I used the Polkadoodles Winnie Magic and Winnie Broomstick stamps which I stamped onto the Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth card stock and colored with alcohol markers. I then fussy cut the images and set them aside.
I used another slimline card base and the Bristol Smooth paper to do the ink blending. The colors I used for the ink blended background are Black Soot, Wilted Violet, and Carved Pumpkin. After ink blending the background, I used a paintbrush to flick some water onto the background and then padded the paper with a power towel to dry up the water. This added a speckled look to the background.
The witch pot is a shaker piece from Queen and Company’s Fright Fest shaker kit. It is actually the pumpkin basket shaker piece, but for this card I am using it as a witch pot. I cut two small pieces for the legs of the pot with black card stock and adhered them as shown. The shaker bits are also from Queen and Company and linked below. I used liquid glue to adhere some the shaker pieces to the front of the card.
I stamped the sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black Ink onto the blended background and then covered it with black embossing powder. I used a heat gun to emboss the background. I added the images as shown.
- Stamp Anniething Sofia – Viva la Vida Stamp – http://stampanniething.com/sofia-viva-la-vida/
- Polkadoodles – Winnie Magic Stamp – https://ldrscreative.com/collections/pd-stamps/products/winnie-magic?variant=13536488751147
- Polkadoodles – Winnie Broomstick – https://ldrscreative.com/collections/pd-stamps/products/winnie-broomstick?variant=13536454836267
- Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth card stock – https://amzn.to/2OPv5rh
- Bristol Smooth Paper – https://amzn.to/31jTcRm
- Black Soot Distress Ink – https://amzn.to/2IRKUtR
- Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink – https://amzn.to/2nSbXhk
- Festive Berries Distress Ink – https://amzn.to/2prJTBz
- Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink – https://amzn.to/33vxXOb
- Scattered Straw Distress Ink – https://amzn.to/2oILdjy
- Wilted Violet Distress Ink – https://amzn.to/2J8licn
- Lawn Fawn Birch Trees Dies – https://amzn.to/2OQks7r
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Frame – https://amzn.to/2nN0cIP
- Doodlebug Pumpkin Party Odds and Ends – https://www.scrapbook.com/store/db-6164.html?t12-13=doodlebug+design&t14=pumpkin+party
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad – https://amzn.to/2IWfJxw
- Queen and Company Fright Fest Shaker Kit (for Witch Pot & Sentiments) – https://queenandcompany.com/collections/speciality-kits/products/fright-fest
- Queen and Company Hocus Pocus Shaker Kit (for Sentiments & Star Shaker Pieces) – https://queenandcompany.com/collections/speciality-kits/products/hocus-pocus-halloween-kit
- Queen and Company Pops Toppings (For circle shaped shaker pieces) – https://queenandcompany.com/collections/toppings/products/pops-topping-set
- Black Embossing Powder – https://glittersgalore.net/products/embossing-powder-ebony-spark-ep382?_pos=9&_sid=bbd18adbb&_ss=r
- Heat Gun
- Recollections Boo Paper Pad
Copic Marker Colors for Polkadoodles Stamps
Purple – V01, V05, V06, V09
Orange – YR12, YR14, YR18
Gray/Black – W3, W5, W6, W7, W9, W10
Black Hair – W3, W5, W7, W9
Green – Spectrum Noir JG3, JG6, JG7
Browns – E23, E25, E27
Purple Hair – W9, V09, V06, V05, V01
Copic Marker Colors for Stamp Anniething Stamp for Slimline Card
Red – R22, R24, R27, R29
Yellow – Y21, Y26
Blue Face – B0000, B000, B01, B02, B04, Gel Pen
Skull – N0, N2, Gel Pen
Copic Marker Colors for Stamp Anniething A2 Card
Purple Hair – W9, V09, V06, V05, V01
Face – N6, N2, N0, C0, C00
Green Dress – G29, YG67, G21
Yellow – Y15, Y17
Eyes – Y13, Y15, Y17
Follow me for more inspiration: